18 Jun How to choose the right web development agency
Choosing the best web designing organization for your independent venture can be troublesome at times. Simply going to Google and typing in “Website Design Organization” can bring back a great many choices that at face esteem, all appear to be identical.
Most of us will end up with the traditional method of shortlisting the top 10 results of SERP and then check-in for the company’s profile or portfolio. Well! It’s a great start but it might not give a whole picture of the value the web design company would provide in improving your business.
Here are the qualities of a good web development company
- Experience: Do not evaluate the company based on its great media presence as it does not prove that they know how to design the website. It’s ok to ask the proof of their work. The well-established company would have an online portfolio of clients that they have worked for. Choose someone with a good experience.
- Reference: References are very much essential as this would help you to know what it’s likely to handover your website with this person.
If you pass by any website while browsing on Google, just make a note of the company or the person who created it and try to contact them via call or any other mode. Many business connections start by means of verbal communication, so let their reputation justify itself with real evidence. Choose someone with good references.
- Budget: “You get what you pay for” – when it’s about the business, this is often the case no matter what the business is. Cost is imperative to such an extent that it is regularly the main factor with regards to who you recruit.
While going into the recruiting procedure with a web development organization, you should be sensible about your spending plan, it is incredible to have a site with the entirety of the fancy odds and ends, however, that may not fit into what you can manage.
Permit them the chance to show you what concessions you can make currently to help implement different options sometime in the future.
- Trust: As you’re going to hire a person who will be completely responsible for your website design and development which would represent the company, trust is very crucial at this stage.
If anything goes wrong, your client won’t think about the web developers. So this might harm the name and fame of your company. If anything goes wrong it might turn off the site performance resulting in 404 pages.
Choose someone trustworthy as the web developer will not only have access to it, they will also have the backdoor access to your website to help you in case of any emergencies.
- Flexible: It’s is obvious that no matter how frequently you have been in a meeting, one or the other decision changes, and all of a sudden the whole project might need to be altered.
At the beginning of the project, you may have everything mapped out as needs are, yet something tags along, and now you need to remap the whole thing. In any case, the exact opposite thing you need is somebody who is inflexible to such an extent that they dismiss any kind of progress.
- Teamwork: While you say that you’re hiring a web development company, it means that you’re hiring a partner for your project. You need someone who can bring your visions into life. The developer should be capable enough to adapt to the changes.
We have also come up with a few FAQs that you should find the answers to. Here are the few FAQs that might reduce the risk that the web development project might have issues, either it’s about budget or it’s regarding providing value for your business.
- What is the quotation for the project?
Either it would be an hourly payment or a project-based payment. For small businesses, it might be difficult to afford huge budgets or hidden costs. So it’s recommended to choose project-based contractors in order to be safe from hitting back by some hidden costs.
- How long it will take?
It obvious to have some unforeseen obstacles during the design or implementation process and this is normal. So make sure to get the estimated timeline or the roadmap of the project and keep a track of it to monitor the progress of the project.
- Have they included SEO, Information Architecture, and Content Strategy in the price?
Have proper communication and make sure if the SEO, content strategy are included in the price. Most of the agencies do not include these factors in web designs.
If they are not offering these, then we recommend you to hire an SEO company to work closely with the organization in order to boost your online presence.
- Will my site be built upon a responsive framework?
You can check the mobile-friendliness of the site by Google’s mobile-friendliness tool. The search engine uses mobile-friendliness as one of the ranking factors.
Make sure your website development company is building a mobile-friendly website for you.
- What platform and CMS will be used, and will I be able to easily edit the content?
There are a lot of platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, Joomla, etc. that can be used as the frameworks for your website.
Make sure to confirm from your web development company which platform they are going to use and if you could edit the content or work on it without the developer’s help.
- Are both design and development included in the cost?
Most of the time it happens there with a small business who thought that when a company says that they are going to design them a website, that meant they are designing and coding the website. However, this is not true all the time. So make sure to clarify with the company to include both design and development in the cost of your website design.